What is an RCFE?
RCFE is an acronym for "Residential Care Facility for the Elderly" and is the legal definition of businesses like The Country Home Manors. RCFEs, also known as Board and Care Homes, are typically six bed homes in residential neighborhoods. They are licensed by the Department of Social Services of the State of California or equivalent government agencies in other states.

The license is identical to that of large assisted livings, but the patient populations can differ dramatically. Residents of RCFEs will usually require more personalized care and supervision than those in assisted living, although not to the extent of a nursing or rehab center.

What makes you different from other RCFEs?
We feel that our greatest strength is our experience and knowledge. With a recent explosion in the number of RCFEs nationwide, most are ill-equipped to handle pressing concerns or answer important questions. We pride ourselves in our professionalism and ability to address problems and concerns immediately. If we cannot help you, most likely no one else in our field can.

What services do you offer?
The Country Home Manors caters to a wide range of needs of the elderly and are primarily concerned with daily activities geared towards improving quality of life. This includes housekeeping, laundry services, bathing, medication management, meals, and supervision.

Do you accept dementia or Alzheimer's patients?
Yes, in fact the overwhelming majority of our clients have had some form of mild cognitive impairment (MCI) or dementia. We have accumulated a robust knowledge base in care and supervision of persons with mental impairments, and virtually all of our employees have had two years or more in catering to the needs of dementia patients.

Do you accept respite?
Yes. We charge a modest fee of 100 dollars a day for temporary clients (minimum one week stay).

Do you accept hospice?
Yes. A common concern among family members is the unavoidable decline of their loved one. Because of our hospice waivers (in all our homes), we can continue to care for your loved ones even when their conditions become terminal.

Do you have a nurse on duty?
We have excellent working relationships with local VITAS, VNA, and other nursing agencies. Should you or your loved one require nursing services, we can make the appropriate arrangements quickly and seamlessly to receive. There is, however, no nurse on staff.

Do you accept Medicare?
We are unable to accept Medicare or other insurance policies due to the non-medical nature of the homes. However, there have been pilot projects in recent months at selected assisted living sites, which hint at a future possibility that Medicare and other insurance coverages will extend to RCFEs.

Sounds good. Where do I sign up?
You can contact Ms. Elna Villaflor at 909.860.2538 or 909.240.1899 for details regarding the admission process. We look forward to serving you and your loved ones